In this Week
- Covid started to rise more and more across the UK, cases last this high in May 2020.
- Life feels like in limbo, not knowing that the future holds – lockdown or ??? Helen talked compared it to the limbo of not knowing when she will return to work after long-term sick. It’s a constant state of uncertainty.
- Nicola Sturgeon announced Scotland will be following England, as from Monday (tomorrow) only 6 people can gather (inside or outside) from 2 households.
- All the grass on the pavements around Arthur’s Seat, due to lockdown, was cut this week.
- Jim is getting used to his 8km run every other day. He also added a run to the top of Arthur’s Seat on one of those runs too, but felt cheated it only marked at 1km on his running App.
- Coffee at Out of the Blue Drill Hall, did Covid Safety well.
- People begin to social distance more again (like Day 31 and Day 53), after Nicola Sturgeon announced big jumps in Covid cases.
Highlights of Readers Corner
- Helen pointed out “turn of the century” means into 1990’s not 2000’s.
- Drew agrees, there is a looming feeling everywhere of another lockdown.
- Pat commented on how lockdown could be worse this time because of darker nights. Suicide levels have risen by 19% since lockdown started.
- Pat reasurred Jim that he could take a day off if finding the blog too hard, as it’s important to consider his mental health.
Highlights in It Made Me Smile
MacLean: Caledonia – Voces8 (Helen Shared) – https://youtu.be/fAZlxDfUlzk
200908 what I listened to today (Helen’s Shared) – https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2Z3uB9U8HnBWIFeOBJ348A
Campbell’s Meatballs – Veils of Meaning (Colin’s Playlist) – https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7gHT8sexAUqGSqiRQvQ2p7
Sunshine on Leith (The Motion Picture Soundtrack) (Jim’s Shared) – https://open.spotify.com/album/7sfXW3fw4RHGldmx0HeLP8
The Big Fat Isolation Quiz with Tom Brace Magic – Part One (Jim’s Playlist) – https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5lkWdTd42gnhfSoLO41pWN
Part Two – The Big Fat Isolation Quiz with Tom Brace Magic (Jim’s Playlist) – https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7BbVsg18g0NDGmJ0t4gln6
Highlights of “As I come to the end of this blog…..”
- Being in full lockdown was easier than what we have now.
- Lockdown may have finished physically, but the psychological lockdown is affecting us all.
- Don’t have much hope for the future in regards to Covid – don’t know what the future holds.
- Lots of energy, woke up at 7am and loads of energy. It is the affect of the Detox!
- People feel that we will be back in lockdown soon.
- How do people buy jeans if you can’t try them on? Could take weeks, trying a pair on at home, returning for another pair, etc…
- Not written much about lockdown.
- Mood and motivation to write blog is minimal.
- Energy is great! Body physically tired from run up Arthur’s Seat.